Albacore in Puttanesca Sauce
April 26, 2009 by kh
- 2 lbs albacore medallions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 2-oz can anchovy filets
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup black or green olives
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes salt & pepper to taste
1. Sprinkle both sides of the medallions with salt & pepper, place them in a bowl and set aside.
Peel the garlic and set aside.
2. Place the contents of the anchovy can in a large skillet on medium heat and add 2 tbsp. water. With a wooden spoon, break the anchovy filets into quarters, cooking for 1 or 2 minutes until they shrivel into small pieces.
3. Add the olive oil and the garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add the capers and olives; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes. Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently. Add 1/2 to 1 cup water as necessary as the sauce thickens.
4. Add the albacore medallions and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, till just cooked &when the fish is opaque and no longer translucent.
5. Serve as a sauce with your favorite pasta.