Grilled Curried Albacore Cakes
April 26, 2009 by Kate Heyhoe
- 1 lb albacore chopped into fine pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 4 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 heaping tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-3 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil for cooking
1. Patties—Add albacore, 1 egg, green onion, bacon, parsley, parmesan cheese, Dijon, curry powder, salt & pepper and just enough Panko bread crumbs to bring the mixture together enough to form patties. Refrigerate for at least an hour, and then form patties.
2. Grill albacore cakes in pan or on grill with olive oil for about 4-5 minutes each side or until golden brown and hot through. Place sauce on a plate and top with tuna cakes.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Eric Jenkins