Moroccan Tuna Skewers
April 26, 2009 by Kate Heyhoe
with Zucchini & Oranges
- 1-1/2 lbs fresh tuna, cut into one inch cubes 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice Salt & Pepper to taste Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 oranges, cut into small wedges 3 zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1. Mix together the cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne, garlic, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper and lemon zest.
2. Pour over the tuna cubes and marinate, preferably at least 2 hours, but no more than 6.
3. Divide the tuna onto the wooden skewers—that have been soaked in water—mixing with the zucchini and orange wedges.
4. Grill the skewers over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with the leftover marinade.
5. Serve hot or cold
Recipe courtesy of Chef Eric Jenkins