Thai Style Albacore
April 26, 2009 by Kate Heyhoe
with Lemongrass & Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 lb albacore tuna, loin cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 dried chilies (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp nam pla (fish sauce)
- 1/2 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Heat the oil over high heat. Add the tuna and season with salt & pepper. Stir fry the tuna until the chunks are seared on all sides.
Remove to paper towels to drain and set aside.
2. In the same pan (adding oil if necessary) add the lemongrass, shallot and chili peppers. Fry until shallot begins to turn golden.
Add the garlic, shitakes and bok choy. Stir fry 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, nam pla, palm sugar, cilantro, and the reserved tuna.
Toss together until thoroughly incorporated and hot through.
3. Serve immediately over steamed rice, bean thread noodles or soba noodles.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Eric Jenkins